The Shareholders' Alliance is a 501(c)(6) non-profit fishermen’s organization that represents the interests of commercial fishermen and other stakeholders who want to bring sustainability and accountability to fisheries management. The Shareholders’ Alliance attributes much of its success to its active and engaged membership as well as the generous support of the fishing community. Download the membership form here and mail to:
Gulf of Mexico Reef Fish Shareholders’ Alliance
1902 Wharf Road
Galveston, Texas 77550
BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Voting rights at the Annual Meeting (with Sustainable Fishery Sponsor and Sustainable Fishery Steward memberships).
- Representation and leadership at every Gulf Council meeting and on Capitol Hill.
- Industry news and policy updates on important industry issues.
- Protect fishermen’s investments and businesses.
- Access to organization Staff and Board of Directors.
- Access to the Shareholders' Alliance premier community Quota Bank.
- Subscription to Shareholders' Alliance Update
- Help fishermen promote sustainability and enable real fishery solutions.
LEVELS OF MEMBERSHIP
Platinum Sponsor - $5,000
For businesses, associations, foundations and others supporting the Shareholders' Alliance activities working for sustainable fisheries; voting membership.
Gold Sponsor - $2,000
For full-time commercial fishing men and women within the IFQ fishery; voting membership.
Silver Sponsor - $1,000
For full-time commercial fishing men and women within the IFQ fishery; non-voting membership.
Bronze Sponsor - $250
Non-IFQ fishermen and women; non-voting membership.
Reef Fish Fan Club - $25
For the general public; non-voting membership.